Pages

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Journey

I have been in an odd thought filled mood lately. I have been reflecting on the past wandering through the present and curiously looking to the future. I suppose you would say I have been thinking of our individual "journey" and its contributors.
Therefor I am dedicating this weeks series of post to my family, the greatest contributors to my personal journey.

Here is an old post to kick off the series...

A Sappy Love Story to My Family.

In life, in love, hang in there.
When faith is but a dim light, follow it.
It will be the light that leads to better days,
A better life, and a deeper love.

Faith is the glue that holds my heart in place,
my head up, and my family together.

In wind and rain,
Shattered life and pain,
My faith protects us.

When I question everything around me,
my family is my unmeasurable joy,
my unbearable pain.

I will forever bare the storm for just a moment of sunshine with you.


Mom- My constant ally. The world can never be fully against me as long as you are by my side.

Dad- Often my partner in crime. I am the reflection of my father.

Josh- My best friend, my awesome childhood would have been impossible with out my brother.

Dom- My sweet boy, my first born nephew. You prepared me for parenthood.

C.Lee - What can I say... There is no other person in this world that has walked in my shoes as close as you have. You are my 80% and together we make 160%, which is pretty damn good in my opinion. There is no other person in this world that will find the humor, amazement and joys of raising our children like you. You amaze me. Only you can convince me that I am beautiful when I look like hell. I know that no other person in this world can love me as deeply, as passionately and as steadfast as you. You understand me, even when I want to push you away. When I run, you run with me so I wont be alone, to me that is love. As tired as I may be, as burned as I may feel, I will run with you, forever.

Sissy- My beautiful angel. You are so amazing. I love to watch you create. You are a fire ball that blazes through the sky, painting the world with beautiful colors! You have inherited a talent that was your great grandmothers, passed to your uncle, then to you. You are treasured just as your talents are treasured. You are such a gift.

Pajama Boy- My sweet boy. Every morning when your heavy eyes and tired feet patter against the floor, I smile because I know that beautiful smile is about to tap on my door! The twinkle in your eyes brings light to any dark day. You are exactly what I hope you are when you grow into a man, sweet, charming, sincere, and loving.

My heart swells when I think about how blessed I am to have two children who are so unique and beautiful. How in the world we created such beauty I will never understand!

Tab- My sister. You are my little black book of every little (sometimes big) dirty nasty thing that I ever did. You never flinched, no matter what I ever did. You speak what others fear to say. You do what other fear to do. You refuse to roll over. You are perseverance. I couldn't ask for a better sister and I wouldn't want one either. When you got sick, I was really scared. I thought once that I may not have a sister any more. Words can not say it but... I prayed for the first time in a very long time.

Written April 20th 2009

4 comments:

  1. Hey Leigh,
    You are truly blessed to love and to be loved by such a family, lovely post.
    Regards,
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really nice tribute to your family. Nothing else come close to the love of a family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice and well put. I hope they all know how lucky they are to have YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely tribute to your family.

    ReplyDelete