Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Black Copper Marans

I must admit that raising chicks is my very least favorite thing to do. They poop a lot. For some reason, their water is their toilet of choice. They also like to kick their feed out of the feeder. They must have a heat lamp on them. Their brooder must be cleaned daily, other wise it is just disgusting. In short, they can be a lot of work.

There are some perks. Raising chicks is economical. I like making sure my chickens come from respectable blood lines. Chickens of those sorts can come with a price tag too. It's cheaper to get them young. I have to admit it isn't all for practical reasons. They are a lot of fun too. With each new clutch we learn something new and exciting.

So we all have to make sacrifices in order to get what we want. In the meantime, I am going to be scrubbing off the chicken poo for at least ten more weeks!


If you are interested in learning more about this breed check out www.maransofamericaclub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment